Monday, October 20, 2008

Vacationing Single Serve Free

Vacationing Single Serve Free.... felt impossible. I had great intentions. I brought my cloth napkins, I brought my to-go mugs for my husband and me. I thought this would be easy.

First thing on our road trip we decided to get a sandwich at a chain restaurant: the sandwich came in multiple wrappings and we had nowhere to sit in the restaurant, so we had to take it to go (more throw away packaging). The trip continued with more restaurant stops, including more single serve throw always. We went for walks around the city and I continuously forgot my reusables. Spur of the moment decisions commonly made single serve uses a must.

While we are on vacation we look forward to treating ourselves with pastries, chai and many other things that seem to come in single serve packaging. Is it selfish to want to treat ourselves to these luxuries? Part of vacationing is to be worry free. Being worry free can include being environmentally considerate. I'm working on perfecting this technique.

No comments: