Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Resolution....Save the Environment.

Resolutions galore. I've been warned by many that I have too many resolutions to keep, but I'm going for it anyway. Here they are:

1. Charting all my consumption. Separate lists for food, material goods, daily necessities, all money spent. My hope is that being able to look at everything I purchase in a day and eat in a day will assist me in becoming more aware of habits that have formed over the years. Thus leading to the ability to reduce overall. This will help me eat healthier and spend less on other things. Plus I'm a spreadsheet freak so it's all in good fun.

2. Charting my fertility. I mention this one because any lady that hasn't been doing this already should take full advantage. You can stop taking hormones (birth control) and naturally track your fertility, knowing when it is and is not a good time for love making. If you're trying to get pregnant it aides in this, if you're wanting to make sure you don't get pregnant it aides in this. Read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" http://www.ovusoft.com/ and you will never have to take birth control again. Another way to reduce consumption :)

3. The obvious one: going to the gym. I go in spurts of being good at this and being a complete looser at this. I'm trying a new approach. Each month will be a progression. I'm starting January with 3 times a week and increasing it by one each month to 5 times a week. In the beginning of each month I'm going to work out for short amounts of time and increase it more to the end. This will keep me busy until the end of March. Once spring hits I'm always more likely to work out. It's my hopes to stick with this idea to the end of March then start a new plan once the outdoors are an option. The more time spent working on my health, the less time I have to buy things I don't need and mindlessly eat.

2009 is going to be a great year. I've never been more excited at the potential in a year then this one. I am also planning to come up with more creative ways to reduce my over all consumption and will share them with you. Please share with me any tips you may have.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: